CIMSPA Pool Water Quality Award
The CIMPSA Pool Water Quality Award
We asked your customers what they want from their swimming experience. This is what they said:
- “Crystal clear water all year round”
- “A safe, clean environment in which to swim”
Let the CIMSPA Pool Water Quality Award help you deliver this.
The award assesses your pool water quality against the relevant sections of the European Standard BS EN 15288 – Swimming Pools Safety Requirements for operation and other recognised industry guidance.
The CIMSPA Pool Water Quality Award also provides an entry into the European Pool Safety Award that measures all areas of pool safety.
Introducing the PWQA
The Award is an initiative which provides a framework for promoting high standards of pool water quality in the UK and recognises good practice. Assessment against the current industry standards provides you and your customers the reassurance that the pool water quality has been reviewed by specialist assessors who will advise you in the actions required to meet both legal and good practice obligations.
It is a voluntary scheme, open to all swimming pools in the UK, including public pools, hotel pools, health and fitness club pools and holiday park facilities.
PWQA Assessor Owen Davies says “The quality of the water in the pool or spa is the key factor in bather comfort. It is reassuring to customers to know that the water they swim in is clean, safe and to the highest standard”.
Pools which comply to industry standards will receive a certificate to display for the lifetime of the award –a sure signal to your staff and customers that the pool meets the highest levels of water quality, and will have the opportunity to purchase a plaque for display in the building for the lifetime of the award for a small additional fee.
Benefits of the CIMSPA Pool Water Quality Award
- Formal certification of meeting the required standards for the PWQA (certification to the Pool Water Quality elements of PWTAG standards and EN15288).
- A listing on in the PWQA Directory – showing all of the pools which have achieved the award.
- A framework to promote continuous improvement in standards of swimming pool water quality.
- External review by a trained specialist in swimming pool water quality.
- Public relations benefit for certificated sites - reassuring for customers – recognition and public awareness of good standards of swimming pool water quality.
- Motivation for employees.
- Confidence that the pool water quality segment of the CIMSPA EPSA has been met.
Full CIMSPA Pool Water Quality Award
Includes certification to the Pool Water Quality elements of PWTAG standards and EN15288
Each subsequent year
£270.00 plus VAT
£90.00 plus VAT
£300.00 plus VAT
£100.00 plus VAT
PWQA application process
To apply for the CIMSPA Pool Water Quality Award please download the assessment guidelines and application pack below: