Best Practice Health & Safety Operating Procedures (fourth edition)
£125.00 plus VAT per copy
(Remember – you only need to buy one copy to cover all of your organisation’s sites)
Postage and packing/placing an order: As a SINGLE item order, the correct postage and packing charge for this product is £5.00 + VAT.
- Note: VAT at 20% will be charged on this product
The CIMSPA best practice operating procedures document provides both a template of model procedures and specific guidance on good practice operating principles to follow.
This new fourth edition of the CIMSPA best practice health and safety operating procedures document supersedes the 2010 edition and provides sport and leisure facility operators with the latest template of documented guidance. The publication is a set of model documented operating procedures containing the latest guidance on what is reasonably practicable in the management of health and safety within the sport and leisure organisation.
Health and safety is a dynamic subject and ongoing changes in good practice requirements need to be reflected in current operating procedures. A complete review and overhaul of the previous edition has been conducted with input from a range of specialised health and safety professionals in the sport and leisure industry.
The publication is in five sections:
- Introduction: Introduction on how to use the pack.
- Section 1: Five individual procedures covering how the organisation manages health and safety, including a sample safety policy, training plan and management approach procedure
- Section 2: Health and safety arrangements (general). This section contains 44 documents covering a large range of subject areas including accidents, fire, COSHH, manual handling, and PPE.
- Section 3: Health and safety arrangements (service areas). A set of 12 normal operating procedures including pools, fitness facilities, health facilities and grounds maintenance/greenkeeping.
- Section 4: A procedure to control the documentation ensuring only the latest issue is in use.
What’s new in the fourth edition?
All the procedures have been reviewed and updated, based on feedback and experiences of operators, and the involvement of CIMSPA consultants as expert witnesses in civil litigation and criminal cases has informed the revisions. In addition a number of new procedures have been created.
New procedures are:
- A new pool plant manual containing 9 documents, including water testing, backwashing, PAC injector cleaning and an example pool technical specification
- Sample personal and group emergency evacuation plans
- Winter service provision (dealing with snow and ice)
- A Scottish version of the enforcement officer visit protocol procedure
Significant revisions have been made to many procedures including: the health and safety scorecard, pools, health facilities, fitness facilities, theatre, grounds maintenance/greenkeeping, accidents and first aid, asbestos, driving, young persons, legionella, manual handling, permits to work, safety signs, outdoor working, blood borne viruses, CDM, and vibration.
COMBINED PRICING: The CIMSPA risk assessment manual sixth edition is also being sold as a combined package with the new, CIMSPA best practice operating procedures fourth edition publication LINK (standalone price £125 per copy). The price for the combined package of both documents is £385 +VAT per set.
- Size: A4
- Format: 4 page guidance leaflet plus CD-ROM (Microsoft Excel and Word required)
- Published: 2016