For individuals active in senior management with significant strategic responsibility. CIMSPA chartered fellowship is the hallmark of an experienced and qualified professional in the sport and physical activity sector, who has met both the requirements of the initial application process and ongoing requirements of the institute’s chartered CPD programme.
- Appropriate for senior managers who can show strategic impact at an organisational level.
CIMSPA Senior Management Qualification (SMQ) or level 7 equivalent plus 7 years in the job band.
Or, 10 years in the job band with evidence of CPD linked to CIMSPA PDF (only valid until end 2020) plus evidence of meeting professional competence through chartered process.
Annual membership fee: £225 (inc VAT) (Plus one-off chartered application fee)
- CIMSPA membership offers recognition of your earned status and a statement of how your professionalism translates into employability.
- The right to use personal designatory letters: Member – MCIMSPA; Chartered member – MCIMSPA (chartered); Chartered fellow – FCIMSPA (chartered)
- Personal member logo for use on business cards / online portfolios etc
- Printed copy of S&PA Professional, the quarterly CIMSPA magazine
- Online access to S&PA Professional, the quarterly CIMSPA magazine
- Online record of professional development*, providing evidence of competence and an up-to-date skillset
- Access to the CIMSPA online library and policy guidance collection, including access to the magazine archive
- CIMSPA member bulletin – a carefully curated selection of sector reports, guidance, useful resources and news, sent fortnightly
- S&PA Extra – the monthly digital newsletter counterpart to the CIMSPA magazine
- Access to the latest sector job vacancy information
- Free access to selected CIMSPA nation/region CPD and networking events
- Access to discounted insurance
- Voting rights in line with the CIMSPA charter and statutes
* Under development
CIMSPA is adopting a policy of requiring most membership categories to undertake CPD per membership year. Find out more HERE
Applying for chartered member or chartered fellow is a two-step process. CIMSPA will first process your application as a MEMBER (£140 per year). Then, we will inform you of the steps you will need to do to apply for chartered status.