CPD policy questions and answers
Questions and answers
Which CIMSPA membership categories are required to undertake annual CPD?
- Affiliate (leisure operations)
- Affiliate (exercise and fitness)
- Practitioner (exercise and fitness)
- Chartered member
NOTE: Due to their status as CIMSPA’s most senior members, chartered fellows are not required to formally document their CPD. It is more likely that our chartered fellows will contribute to others’ CPD through the mentoring framework CIMSPA is creating.
Retired members do not have to complete CPD requirements each membership year.
Where can I find CPD opportunities?
CIMSPA-recognised CPD is delivered by CIMSPA Skills Development Partners. Go HERE to see a full list of over 350 recognised training and CPD opportunities.
What about online learning?
CIMSPA has an online learning programme, the CIMSPA Academy. Over 1300 courses are free to members, and will count towards meeting part of your CPD requirements.
Other important information
- In extenuating circumstances members can write to the CIMSPA membership and disciplinary committee to explain why they have been unable to achieve the 10 CPD point requirement. Circumstances could include long term injury / illness, maternity leave.
- If a member achieves more than 10 points of CPD in one membership year, the additional points cannot be carried over into the following year.