HE associate partner
Enabling and ensuring employability for sport and physical activity-related degree programmes, in partnership with the sector’s chartered professional body.
The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity is inviting institutions delivering relevant degree programmes in the UK to take part in a two-year pilot scheme – engaging with the sport and physical sector’s chartered institute to develop employability-focused endorsement and recognition pathways for selected degree programmes.
The CIMSPA higher education associate partnership is one of two options for universities who wish to participate in the pilot.
- HE partner – CLICK HERE
- HE associate partner – keep reading...
HE associate partnership benefits
(Some of these will be developed through the pilot scheme’s lifespan)
- CIMSPA HE associate partner recognition: Recognition of your institution’s relationship with the sport and physical activity sector’s chartered professional body.
- Approved provider consultation: HE associate partners will be engaged with and consulted on the development of the CIMSPA approved provider HE partnership throughout the pilot scheme.
- Apprenticeships development: HE associate partners will be consulted on the development of degree apprenticeships for the sector.
- Professional standards: Consultation on the professional standards landscape now being created by CIMSPA, employers and partners for the sport and physical activity sector.
- Media profile and recognition: CIMSPA will publicise the contribution HE associate partners are making towards improving employability standards for their students. Associate partners will be listed on www.cimspa.co.uk
- Magazine and email bulletins: 2 x print copies* of the quarterly CIMSPA membership magazine. S&PA Professional, plus quarterly CIMSPA partnership bulletin.
- CIMSPA annual conference: 50% discount for 1 delegate.
* One each for partnership key contact and HE institution.
HE associate partner pilot – terms
- Partnership fee: £500 +VAT per year
- Course association fee: £100 +VAT per sports-related HE course, per year.
Student affiliation requirements
HE partners will be asked to register final year students on associated courses as CIMSPA student affiliates, to enable the best possible transition into the workplace. See separate benefits package HERE
For more information, please contact
Education Officer - Higher Education
Telephone: 01509 226474
*Universities and FE colleges delivering HE degree programmes
PHOTO: Courtesy of School for Sport and Biomedical Sciences, University of Bolton