Operators Guide to Spa Pool Services
Postage and packing/placing an order: As a SINGLE item order, the correct postage and packing charge for this product is £5.00 + VAT.
This booklet provides detailed guidance on the operation of spa pool faciliities.
The booklet is part of a series of 4.
This guide relates to commercially operated spa pools which have been designed for sitting in (as opposed to swimming) and consist of a self-contained body of water which is filtered, heated and chemically treated.
- Spa pool components and spa pool water treatment plant: Components of spa pools, water treatment plant.
- Principles of spa pool water disinfection: Spa pool plant, spa pool pollution, recommended disinfection levels.
- Considerations for operating commercial spa pools: Siting of spa pools, general installation and requirements, fixtures and fittings and materials of construction, electrical installations, chemical storage areas, signage, spa pool covers, shower facilities, rest facilities, clocks, provision of emergency equipment, prevention of access.
- Effects of air, water and temperature on the body: Known benefits of spa pools, known hazards of spa pools, contra-indications, special groups
- Customer information: Safe use of spa pools.
- Systems for operating commercial spa pools: Daily checks, periodic cleaning, periodic operation, maintenance requirements, periodic checks, record keeping, emergency procedures.
- Staff training
- Further reading
- Appendices: Sample risk assessments, Pre-opening and closing checks, Cleaning schedule
- Size: A4
- Number of pages: 20
- Format: Book - colour cover, black and white inside pages
- First published 1995, revised 1999, 2004