Operators Guide to Suntanning Services
Price: £5 (saving £15)
Postage and packing/placing an order: As a SINGLE item order, the correct postage and packing charge for this product is £5.00 + VAT.
This booklet provides detailed guidance on the operation of UV suntan faciliities.
The booklet is part of a series of 4.
IMPORTANT: This guidance is specifically designed to assist in the operation of conventional UV suntanning equipment (i.e. horizontal sunbeds). This document does not apply to the use of higher intensity ‘sun showers’ and associated equipment.
- The tanning process
- Suntanning equipment and fluorescent tubes: Equipment, fluorescent tubes.
- Considerations for operating commercial sunbed services: Siting of sunbeds, ventilation, shower facilities, selling of ancillary cosmetic products.
- Effects of sunbed treatment on the body: Known benefits of sunbed treatments, known hazards of suntanning equipment, skin cancer, pre-screening and contra-indications.
- Customer information: Sensible use of sunbeds, exposure times, developing a tan.
- Systems for operating commercial sunbeds: Recording systems, cleaning schedules, maintenance requirements.
- References and further reading
- Appendices: Health and Safety Executive guidance, Sunbed user registration form , Sunbed appointment card, Customer record card
- Size: A4
- Number of pages: 20
- Format: Book - colour cover, black and white inside pages
- First published 1995, revised 1999, 2004