Skills development partner scheme
About the partnership
A CIMSPA skills development partnership gives providers an opportunity to have their education and training reviewed against professional standards in the sport, fitness, leisure, and physical activity sector.
With a growing number of employers committing to only using CIMSPA-recognised training, this provides a powerful ‘stamp of approval’ for both the partner organisation and their training offer.
Partnership applications are welcomed from all providers including private companies, further education colleges, universities, employers and independent consultants.
As a CIMSPA skills development partner we will recognise your business, enable your brand to share our reputation for quality, and integrate you within the CIMSPA professional network.
A growing CPD culture
CIMSPA’s recognition of a training activity will signify that it contributes to the development of an individual’s knowledge, skills and other competencies in support of professional and personal development. From 1 August 2016 all CIMSPA members are required to carry out a set amount of CPD per membership year, a significant proportion of which must be CIMSPA-recognised.
What are the partnership benefits?
- Get ahead of a rapidly changing game – be a part of the new, single training landscape backed by government and employers. CIMSPA’s employer partners are committing to using skills development partners as their preferred providers.
- Formal recognition of your relationship with the sector’s single chartered institute – be seen as a trusted supplier of quality training and celebrate this with our partner scheme logo for public display and marketing use.
- Get your courses listed on the CIMSPA training and events directory and displayed to CIMSPA members and partners.
- Access to the partner shortlist CIMSPA will use when commissioning courses.
- Retain the ability to organise your own closed courses for your key customers.
- Brokered relationships – CIMSPA will introduce employer partners with specific training needs to matching skills development partners.
- Further recognition of your partnership with CIMSPA in our online partner directory.
- Official “CIMSPA skills development partner” printable certificate for public display.
- An invitation to become an employer partner, whereby a discounted rate of up to 20% on the first year’s subscription of CIMSPA individual membership is applicable (subject to qualifying criteria).
Non-regulated training provision
Partner-delivered training commissioned by CIMSPA, "open" and "closed" courses; understanding "endorsed" and "developmental"
Regulated training provision
Qualifications content aligned with current industry standards
Start your application
Our gateway page details how to make your online partnership application today
Fees and process
Partnership costs and explaining the two-step application process