COVID guidance for sport and physical activity for the UK
With Covid restrictions being lifted across the UK, CIMSPA is here to help everyone in sport and physical activity understand what the latest government guidance is.
We will keep this page updated, as well as posting updates on our social media channels:
Facebook Stronger Together Group (open to anyone working in the sector)
Please note, this is only intended as a summary of current guidance. If in doubt, please refer to the relevant government website (links below).
Current restrictions/guidance (updated 5 May 2022)
- All Covid restrictions ended in England.
- All forms of sport and physical activity can still take place with no restrictions, but we recommend you continue to take sensible precautions such as hand sanitising, good hygiene and ventilation.
- You no longer need to wear a face covering, but the government suggests you consider wearing one in crowded and indoor spaces where you may come into contact with people you do not normally meet. It is not recommended to wear one while exercising.
- All COVID rules and restrictions have been lifted in Scotland, but you should continue to wear a face covering (unless exempt) in most indoor public spaces and on public transport.
Wales is at alert level 0 with most restrictions now removed.
- Face coverings are now only legally required in health and social care settings. More details here.
- For the latest advice, visit https://gov.wales/protect-yourself-others-coronavirusSport Wales guidance
- There are no restrictions on participation in sport and physical activity in Northern Ireland.
- For the latest advice click here:https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/coronavirus-covid-19
- Sport NI guidance